It’s true that as parents we all want to do the best we can for our children in every possible way, but no one ever said that was easy especially when it comes to convincing them to eat the right foods. Ruth Yaron’s “Super Baby Food” book is what every parent needs to help them with feeding their child for the first three years of life. The book contains all the information on when and how to start feeding your child solids and continues on to help with recipes and diets for your toddler. There are nutrient tables, feeding schedules and worksheets, and even information on allergies and when to introduce certain foods. With over 350 food recipes and an additional section on recipes for homemade play dough, finger paints, food decorating, and even cake patterns, this book is bound to help out each and every parent with young children!
I have to admit to you that when I was asked to review “Super Baby Food”, I had no idea how great the book was actually going to be. I figured it was just another one of the same books I have seen and read that has simple steps to pureeing veggies and fruits for my little one. While I’m all about making my own baby food, I didn’t really expect to learn much from the book. I actually let it sit around for over a week before I picked it up. I have made my own baby food for my older two children so what more did I possibly need to know, right? Well I’m not afraid to tell you how wrong I was.
This book has so much useful information. I wish you could see and feel my excitement over this book! Feeding my children healthy foods is extremely important, but I have to admit that in my hurry of getting in and out of the grocery store, I find myself not always taking the time and energy to read and understand the labels on all the foods I am purchasing for my children to consume. It’s nice to now have a book in my hands that helps gear me in the right direction. Even after several weeks of having this book in my possession, I still have not read it from cover-to-cover. Each time I pick it up, I get so excited about all the different ideas and concepts and recipes that I jump from different areas of the book, taking in as much knowledge as I can. My absolute favorite part of the entire book though is the recipes! Why have I never, ever considered being even more frugal than clipping coupons for cheap yogurt and make my own? The recipe is so simple and I bet it tastes even better than the store-bought yogurt anyway! You can even check out the Super Baby Food website to view some of the great recipes you can find in the book by going HERE! The 350 recipes are quick, easy, and nutritious. They also give you simple ideas for healthier snacks for your children. My kid’s new favorite (and again, not sure why I never thought of this myself) is peanut butter banana sandwiches. They are just that: two slices of banana with peanut butter in between. They LOVE these!
It’s been a busy few weeks around my house so I haven’t had a chance to do one of the many recipes I have page-marked in my book, but I cannot express enough how many great ones there are. I can almost guarantee the book has at least a handful of ideas for foods that your child may eat that are healthy that you haven’t thought of as a mom!
While I am going on and on about the recipes, there are still so many more aspects of the book that I haven’t even touched on yet. Being a crafty mom, I love the section on crafts. My kids love finger paints, but I bet you they are going to love making their own finger paints even more! I could really go on and on about the “Super Baby Food”. It contains information on every aspect of feeding your infant and toddler from the minute they begin to consume solid foods. Even though my oldest is 4.5 years old, I am still finding plenty of useful information to help me even with her feeding habits! This is a book I would highly recommend for any parent! It just may be my new go-to baby shower gift!
Prize: Super Baby Food Book
Number of Winners: 1
Giveaway End Date: June 5th, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM EDT
Eligibility: This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
Random Selection:One winner will randomly be chosen by the WordPress plugin “and the winner is…” and will be notified via email. Those winners will have 48 hours to respond to that email or another winner will be chosen.
Leave us a comment below and tell us what one thing that you would like to learn from the Super Baby Food Book.
Additional Entries: (just in case you want them)
(Complete the Mandatory Entry and the Additional Entries for nine total entries and nine total comments. The mandatory entry must be completed before the optional entries count).
- Like Coupons Are Greaton Facebook. If you already like Coupons are Great leave a comment saying you do so.
- Like Super Baby Foodon Facebook. If you already like them, please leave a comment saying so.
- Follow Super Baby Food on Twitter. If you already follow them, please leave a comment saying so.
- Follow Coupons Are Greaton Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You must include @CouponsAreGreat in your tweet. Leave your tweet link in your comment. Please feel free to use this: #Win Super Baby Food Book from @Super_Baby_Food @couponsaregreat #giveaway #contest ends 06/05 http://couponsaregreat.net/?p=9721
- Subscribe to Coupons Are Great’s feed -OR- follow us with Google Friend Connect (upper right). If you are already a subscriber leave a comments saying so.
- Subscribe to Super Baby Food’s feed. If you already subscribe, leave a comment saying so.
- Grab our button and let us know where to find it.
- Grab our baby button and let us know where to find it.
Disclaimer: I received a free product sample for the purpose of the review in this post. Opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. The sponsor of this giveaway is responsible for prize fulfillment.
Search our site
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 23
- Baby Shower Giveaway: Prizes from Evenflo, Thyme Maternity, and Rock-a-Bums
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 16
- Cascadian Farms is Yummy Plus $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Publix Yoplait Greek Yogurt 100 Calories $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Celebrate Captain No Beard with a $200 Toys R Us or Pay Pal Gift Card Giveaway
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook
Grab Our Button