Snowman donuts are an absolutely perfect treat for the cold winter months. These donuts are adorably cute and will bring smiles to everyone faces. A Nonstick Donut Pan is essential for this baking project (and I think the Mini Donut size would be a super fun treat to put in lunch boxes).
Homemade Snowman Ingredients (yields 12)
Snowman Donut Batter Ingredients
2 cup Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 cup Milk
1/4 tsp Lemon juice or White Vinegar
2 beaten Eggs
2 tbsp melted Butter
Snowman Glaze Ingredients
2 cup Powdered Sugar
3 tbsp Milk
1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
10 drops Wilton White White Icing Color
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (eyes and mouth)
Orange Gum Drops Nose
- Add lemon juice to milk (buttermilk substitute).
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spray Donut pan
- Combine dry donut ingredients in large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir just until well mixed.
- Fill each ring about to top. Make sure it tops center hole.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until tops rebound when pressed.
- Leave donut in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set on cooling rack.
- In a small bowl just big enough to dip donuts, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip top of donut in glaze.
- Hold above bowl allowing excess to drip off.
- Place donut on wax paper or return to cooling rack.
- Once glaze has nearly set, add another tablespoon of powdered sugar to unused glaze to thicken.
- Use this as a “glue” to place gumdrop nose and chocolate chip mouth and eyes.
Get the Snowman Donuts Recipe PDF and save or print for your recipe book. It’s is a regular sized piece of paper (just an FYI).
These Printable Winter Jokes for Kids would be a fantastic item to slip next to these donuts!
If you love saving money, and who doesn’t, check out these deals and freebies that will save you even more! Be sure to subscribe to Coupons Are Great so you don’t miss out on great deals, fun freebies, crafts, and more.