It’s time to start working on winter and Christmas crafts! Our holiday boxes are out and our living room is ready to be decorated. It’s the most wonderful time of the year….it’s true. This week’s crafty post is Paper Plate Santa. This is perfect for preschoolers up to school age children. It is a great craft to work on counting by two’s (which my kindergartener is doing).
Materials Required to make a Paper Plate Santa
- Paper Plate
- Cotton Balls
- Skin Tone Crayon
- Red Construction Paper
- Glue (bottle, not sticks)
- Googley Eyes (optional)
- Pink or Red Pom Pom (optional)
Create a Paper Plate Santa
1) Color the inner circle the skin tone color you chose.
2) Using red contraction paper cut a hat. It can be curvy or a simple triangle. Glue to the top third of the paper plate. Add a cotton ball to the tip as well as a single row of cotton balls across the bottom/brim of the hat.
3) Create Santa’s beard by gluing two rows of cotton balls around the paper plate. For younger children it is ideal for the adult to glue and the child to place the cotton balls.
4) Stretch one cotton ball to form a mustache and glue it onto the plate. With a crayon, draw a mouth underneath the mustache.
5) Glue the pom pom nose and eyes onto Santa. Tada!!
Don’t miss the latest and greatest from Coupons Are Great. Sign up for our Regular Email.