One of my favorite times of the day is each evening before bed when my little ones and I sit down to read bedtime stories. No matter what has happened during the day, I can always count on bedtime stories to be fun and enjoyable.
With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, one of the stories we have been reading regularly around our house is The Changing Colors of Amos. It’s a story about a leprechaun named Amos who changes colors based on the day of the week….. until he gets to Sunday when he can be all sorts of colors! The book is a fun read with rhyming on each page. While my 5-year old knows her colors and days of the week, I find that for my 3-year old it is a great educational book to help him start understanding the order of the days in the week (while still making it enjoyable for him). My kids love that Amos is hiding on each page and have lots of fun trying to remember where he is on the next page before we turn to it. As a parent, I love that even though there is an educational aspect to the book, it does not leave out the fun of imagination. As an added bonus to the book, the author (John Kinyon) has a read-along MP3 file avaialble online. My kids have thought it was pretty fun to have the book read to them as they flip the pages. Sometimes it makes the book even more fun when Mommy isn’t the one reading! If you want a sneak peek of the story, you could head HERE and listen to the story as well! After spending some time reading this book, I have a feeling St. Patrick’s Day might have to be a little more fun and exciting this year than I have done in the past!
Want to have a fun read for your children or grandchildren right before the Irish holiday? Maybe you will be our lucky winner of the giveaway of one copy of The Changing Colors of Amos!
Prize: (1 copy) The Changing Colors of Amos by John Kinyon
Giveaway End Date: March 6th, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM ET
Eligibility: This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S.
Random Selection: One winner will randomly be chosen using the WordPress plugin “And the winner is.” The winner will be notified via email. He/she will have 48 hours to respond to that email or another winner will be chosen.
Leave us a comment below telling us what color you would like to be on a certain day of the week if you were Amos!
Additional Entries: (just in case you want them!)
(Complete the Mandatory Entry and the Additional Entries for five total entries and five total comments. The mandatory entry must be completed before the optional entries count. We encourage you to only do the additional entries if you are truly interested in them.)
- Like Coupons Are Great on Facebook. If you already like us please leave a comment saying so.
- Follow Coupons Are Great on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Feel free to use: I want to #win a copy of The Changing Colors of Amos @couponsaregreat #contest #giveaway ends 3/6/12 http://www.couponsaregreat.net/?p=20395
- Subscribe to Coupons Are Great’s feed. If you are already a subscriber leave a comment saying so.
- Become a confirmed email subscriber to Coupons Are Great’s daily emails. We love passing on great deals to our readers!
Search our site
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 23
- Baby Shower Giveaway: Prizes from Evenflo, Thyme Maternity, and Rock-a-Bums
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 16
- Cascadian Farms is Yummy Plus $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Publix Yoplait Greek Yogurt 100 Calories $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Celebrate Captain No Beard with a $200 Toys R Us or Pay Pal Gift Card Giveaway
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook
Grab Our Button