Are you in need of a Valentine’s Day gift idea? Could your Superbowl party use a little sprucing? Would a box of good ol’ barbeque delivered right to your front door make you or someone in your house happy? I always love boxes of food that come in the mail because it means one thing for me…………an easy night in the kitchen!
In the south it seems like sweet tea and barbecue are everywhere. In the state of North Carolina there is a great debate over which sytle of barbecue is best: Eastern or Piedmont. The North Carolina Barbecue Company makes choosing a BBQ winner easy with the creation of the Battle Box, which contains both varieties of pork, sauces, and slaws.
The Eastern BBQ is smoked in the traditional “Down East” whole hog style. The BBQ is lightly chopped and sauced in a vinegary peppery sauce. The coleslaw is traditional style and slightly sweet. The hot/sweet combo is the essence of the eastern NC BBQ. In contrast the Piedmont pork uses only the shoulder of the pig which is slow cooked and smoked with hickory. The meat is not sauced until after it is cooked. The slaw, referred to as “BBQ Slaw, contains ketchup and other spices.
Not only is this food delivered straight to your door (easy), but preparing it is a breeze! Since the meat is precooked all you need to do is boil the meat in the pouch for 10 minutes.
My husband enjoyed the Peidmont variety of BBQ based on the fact that there was no sauce involved. He is anti-tomatoes and did not indulge in any of the BBQ slaw. I thought they were both good. One lucky Coupons are Great winner will decide if they prefer North Carolina bbq from the Eastern side or the Piedmont side after a Battle Box is delivered to their door!
Prize: One Battle Box (valued at $54.95) from The North Carolina Barbecue Company
Number of Winners: 1
Giveaway End Date: February 10th, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM EDT
Eligibility: This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S.
Random Selection: One winner will randomly be chosen and will be notified via email. He/She will have 48 hours to respond to that email or another winner will be chosen.
Additional Entries: (just in case you want them)
(Complete the Mandatory Entry and the Additional Entries for five total entries and five total comments. The mandatory entry must be completed before the optional entries count).
- Like Coupons Are Great on Facebook. If you already like Coupons are Great leave a comment saying you do so.
- Follow Coupons Are Great on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You must include @CouponsAreGreat in your tweet. Leave your tweet link in your comment. Please feel free to use this: #Win a Battlebox of N. Carolina Pork ($54.95 value) @ncbbqcompany from @CouponsAreGreat #giveaway #contest ends 02/10 http://bit.ly/gm6q5L
- Subscribe to Coupons Are Great’s feed -OR- follow us with Google Friend Connect (upper right). If you are already a subscriber leave a comment saying so.
- Use any Sweet & Simple extra entry codes you may have.
Disclaimer: The product feature in this review was provided to me free of charge by the manufacturer or representing PR firm. Opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. The sponsor of this giveaway is responsible for prize fulfillment.
Search our site
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 23
- Baby Shower Giveaway: Prizes from Evenflo, Thyme Maternity, and Rock-a-Bums
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 16
- Cascadian Farms is Yummy Plus $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Publix Yoplait Greek Yogurt 100 Calories $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Celebrate Captain No Beard with a $200 Toys R Us or Pay Pal Gift Card Giveaway
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook
Grab Our Button