Dr. Sears is a name that many parents recognize. Wouldn’t it be fabulous if one of America’s favorite pediatricians made house calls in the middle of the night? With the new book The Portable Pediatrician written by William M.D., Martha Sears R.N., Robert MD, James Sears, M.D., Peter Sears M.D., you will have access to practical information on every pediatric concern, illness, and emergency including: allergies, asthmas, chocking, ear infections, eating problems, fever, headaches, nosebleeds, rashes, seizures, sleep problems, speech delay, teething, vomiting, and more!
This book guides parents and caregivers from a child’s infancy through the teen years, teaching them what to expect at regular checkups as well as how to boost a child’s well-being, devise a family health plan, work effectively with their pediatrician, and more. While I do not agree with every word written in the book I find it a good reference point. I would definitely give this book to new parents based on how easy it is to navigate and read. The topics included in this book are broad. While flipping through I found “Erythema Multiforme” as a topic and would have overlooked it had my older daughter not been diagnosed with it earlier this year. It is nice that a rare condition was found in The Portable Pediatrician. The Sears team really did their best to try to explain a wide array of medical concerns for a broad range of children and adolescents.
One lucky Coupons are Great reader will win a copy of this book!
Prize: The Portable Pediatrcian by William M.D., Martha Sears R.N., Robert MD, James Sears, M.D., Peter Sears M.D. (valued at $21.99 US/$23.99 CAN)
Number of Winners: 1
Giveaway End Date: April 27, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM EDT
Eligibility: This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada. No P.O. Boxes. Winners will be subject to the one copy per household rule, which means that if they win the same title in two or more contests, they will receive only one copy of the title (or one set in the case of grouped giveaways) in the mail.
Random Selection: One winner will randomly be chosen and will be notified via email. He/she will have 48 hours to respond to that email or another winner will be chosen.
Leave a comment answering this question: What is one aspect of child’s health you would hope to find in The Portable Pediatrician?
(Just in case you want them! The mandatory entry must be completed before any additional entries will be counted. The maximum number of entries you can have for this giveaway is 5.)
- Like Coupons Are Great on Facebook. If you already like Coupons are Great leave a comment saying you do so.
- Follow Coupons Are Great on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You must include @CouponsAreGreat in your tweet. Leave your tweet link in your comment. Please feel free to use this: #win The Portable Pediatrician by the Dr. Sears team @CouponsAreGreat #giveaway #contest ends 04/27/11 http://couponsaregreat.net/?p=8977
- Subscribe to Coupons Are Great’s feed -OR- follow us with Google Friend Connect (upper right). If you are already a subscriber leave a comment saying so.
- Grab our button and let us know where to find it.
Disclaimer: The product feature in this review was provided to me free of charge by the manufacturer or representing PR firm. Opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. The sponsor of this giveaway is responsible for prize fulfillment.
Search our site
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 23
- Baby Shower Giveaway: Prizes from Evenflo, Thyme Maternity, and Rock-a-Bums
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 16
- Cascadian Farms is Yummy Plus $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Publix Yoplait Greek Yogurt 100 Calories $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Celebrate Captain No Beard with a $200 Toys R Us or Pay Pal Gift Card Giveaway
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook
Grab Our Button