It is FALL! Fall means leaves, cooler temperatures, hay rides, and pumpkins. It’s time to get out all of our fall decorations and recipes and have some fun. Creating a DIY canvas pumpkin pillow is a fun craft that everyone in the family can enjoy.
How to Make a Canvas Pumpkin Pillow Decoration
1. Draw a pumpkin shape onto canvas using a pencil. We used a 9 x 12 foot canvas to make “walls” in one of our unfinished basement rooms and I used a scrap piece of canvas from when we had to cut out the door. You can get canvas from a craft store as well as the home improvement stores and Amazon.
2. Fold your canvas so you can cut out two identical pumpkin shapes at once.
3. Using a hot glue gun, pipe a bead of glue around the edges and press to seal shut. Leave an opening so you can fill will stuffing.
4. Fill with stuffing and glue the opening shut
5. Now it’s time to paint! This is a step in this craft where everyone can help with.
When you are done with this simple Halloween project you will have a cute pumpkin pillow to decorate with.
If you are looking for more Halloween Crafts check out the following:
Glitter Pumpkin Tutorial
Ghost Hair Bow Tutorial
Halloween Crafts from Tulle Wands to Egg Carton Spiders
DIY Halloween Apothecary Jars
Do YOU have a favorite DIY Halloween Craft?
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!