Wait one minute! Did you know that January 19th is National Popcorn Day? I am going to have to write this on my calendar. There is so much potential for a day dedicated to popcorn. MomOnDealz brought us a fun craft this week that combines popcorn and hearts – perfect since Valentine’s Day is less than a month away!
- 2 Bags of Microwave Popcorn
- 3.5 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Bag of Mini Marshmallows
- (1) 3 oz Strawberry Jello
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter (or knife)
1. Pop both bags of popcorn and set aside.
2. Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
3. Add entire package of marshmallow and melt, stirring frequenlty.
4. Remove from the heat and add 1/2 of the package of jello powder and stir.
5. Add 1 and 1/2 bags of the popped popcorn to the melted marshmallows and mix well.
6. Spread out on wax paper and cut or form heart shapes.
To see the educational activities that coincide with this craft/recipe, visit Momondealz here.
Search our site
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook