With a few supplies you can create Paper Plate Turkeys to get into the Thanksgiving spirit this year. This is a super duper easy craft to do. My girls and I had so much fun making our turkeys together. I will save these and pull them out in future years.
Materials Required to Make Paper Plate Turkeys
- Tissue Paper – I found crafting tissue paper at JoAnns for $3.99. Using a 50% coupon dropped the price to $2.00. (Find current printable Craft Store Coupons here)
- Construction Paper
- Googley Eyes (optional, but very cute!)
- Paper Plates (cut in half)
- Glue or a glue paste mixture (see the Glitter Pumpkin tutorial for more on the Modge Podge like mixture that I make for craft projects)
Thanksgiving Craft – How to Make Paper Plate Turkeys
- Cut the paper plate (or you can use a bowl) in half. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Cut the tissue paper into small squares or rectangles. You really don’t need a lot.
- Glue the tissue paper to the plate using the glue from the bottle or a paintbrush and the watered down glue mixture.
- Cut a circle out of brown paper. This will be the head.
- Cut a triangle for a beak out of orange paper. Cut out some legs too!
- Cut a waddle/gobble (what IS that thing called?) out of red.
- Glue it all together!
Thanksgiving Reading Materials
This was a very easy craft for my daughters (elementary school) to complete. If you are looking for Thanksgiving crafts check out this Thanksgiving Craft | Make a Stuff the Turkey Game and these Pine Cone Turkeys
Don’t miss these Thanksgiving Jokes for Kids!
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!