I was shopping at the Dollar Tree the other day and I saw some carvable pumpkins that were $1.00 (of course…it’s the Dollar Tree). I knew immediately that I wanted to create a Glitter Pumpkin. It was love at first sight – frugality meets craftiness!
How to Make Glitter Pumpkins
1. Print the word that you are glittering. Choose different fonts and font sizes. Hold these print outs up to your pumpkin so you can determine which one you like the best.
2. Cut the letters out and trace them onto the pumpkin. You could also trace over the paper and push semi-deeply into the pumpkin. You will be able to see the lines when you are done tracing.
3. Using a 1:1 glue and water mixture (or Modge Podge) to create a thin glue paste. I think Elmer’s glue works best for making a thin glue.
4. Paint the glue onto the pumpkin letters that you stenciled on to your pumpkin. I chose to do one letter at a time since I am a messy crafter.
5. Glitter the glue! Make sure there is a piece of paper under your project so that you can clean up and reuse the glitter easily.
6. Allow the glue and glitter to dry. While you are letting it dry you can make sure that your letters are even. If they need more glue & glitter you can go over the glitter that is already there. If you wash and dry your paint brush you can use it to brush off flakes of unruly glitter. With your finger nail you will be able to scrape/push the glue and glitter as well.
If you are looking for more Halloween Crafts check out the following:
Ghost Hair Bow Tutorial
Halloween Crafts from Tulle Wands to Egg Carton Spiders
DIY Halloween Apothecary Jars
Do YOU have a favorite DIY Halloween Craft?
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!