8 Ways to Get Coupons for Free
1) Ask your neighbors, friends, and coworkers for their extra coupons. A lot of times people clip what they know they will use and toss the rest. Checking with people at church can often yield a lot of coupons.
2) Head to your local coffee house/bagel eatery on Sunday and pick up the coupons that people leave behind. Anywhere that people go to eat or drink on a Sunday morning is likely to have a few papers sitting around.
3) Check your library or grocery store for free newspapers. Some of the free newspapers include inserts!
4) Keep your eyes “peeled” for peelies and tearpads while shopping. This opens and ethical can of worms, but if you are buying a product that has a peelie on it then peel it!
5) Trade coupons. Join a couponing forum such as Hot Coupon World or A Full Cup. You will be able to make a wishlist of coupons you want to trade with others. There are also numerous coupon trains you can join. A coupon train is a bunch of people mailing to each other all at the same time.
6) Print coupons! Coupons.com, Redplum, and Smartsource are all excellent resources for coupon printing. The general rule of thumb is that you can print each coupon twice per computer, but there are always exceptions to every rule.
7) Email your favorite companies and ask for coupons. Often times emailing with a compliment yields a coupon as well.
8) Dumpster Dive! Now the people who will do this are few, but dumpster diving has the potential to get you LOTS of newspapers.
Do you have other ways to get coupons for free? We would love to know what works for you. Leave us a comment!
See also: Must Have Money Saving Phone Apps
If you love saving money, and who doesn’t, check out these deals and freebies that will save you even more! Be sure to subscribe to Coupons Are Great so you don’t miss out on great deals, fun freebies, crafts, and more.