Sewing for dolls can be easy and fun! With American Girl Sewing Patterns you can take scraps of fabric and turn them into a customized outfit for your little girl’s favorite doll. The American Girl Sewing Patterns will work with other 18 inch dolls including My Generation (which is sold at Target). Many of these sewing patterns are for beginners and are a perfect way to add some Mother-Daughter bonding time.
Free American Girl Sewing Patterns
- Drawstring Dress Pattern from Liberty Jane Patterns
- Swimsuit Pattern from Liberty Jane Patterns
- Doll Skirt (Straight) from Daydream Doll Boutique
- Twirly Doll Skirt from Polka Dot Chair (be still my beating heart – this is adorable!)
- Doll Pants from Milo Mila
- Girl Scout Vest from Bear Molly and Moi (I bought my girls the doll Girl Scout vests from Amazon because I didn’t have enough time to sew. They LOVE them!)
- Peasant Top from DorrieBelle
If you are in the mood to purchase a book or sewing patterns to have on hand I suggest these:
- Sew the Contemporary Wardrobe for 18-Inch Dolls: Complete Instructions & Full-Size Patterns for 35 Clothing and Accessory Items
- Simplicity 1711 18-Inch Doll Clothes Sewing Pattern, Size OS
- Simplicity 1713 18-Inch Doll Clothes Sewing Pattern, Size OS
My mother-in-law sews the most adorable outfits for our dolls, but I have yet to try. Part of my hesitation is spending lots of money on a pattern. With these free patterns I think we will be sewing this weekend! We will start with the Drawstring Dress and work our way up to the Twirly Doll skirt.
Make your doll’s outfit complete and your favorite little girls happy with these shoes, boots, or other accessories!
Have you sewn for a doll and have any tips to share?
We have some really cute printable American Girl Lunch Box Notes for you today too!
Be sure to check out our free craft tutorials for more inspiration! If you love American Girl check out our American Girl Birthday Party at the American Girl Bistro. It was truly an amazing day!