New Year’s Eve is TODAY! Celebrating with our children is fun and important too. Here is a super simple New Year’s Eve Shaker craft idea from Mom on Dealz.
Craft # 1: New Year’s Eve Shakers
Desired Decorations including a bell
Beans, rice, etc
1. Fill the box with beans or rice and tape shut.
2. Wrap the box with construction paper and glue the pencil to the back.
3. Glue the bell and other decorations on the box.
- Fine Motor Skill: Have your child rip or cut small pieces of paper to glue to the box.
- Science: Discuss recycling the box and how important recycling and reusing is to protecting the enviroment.
- Math: Create patterns with the decorations and identify them as AB, ABB,ABC patterns, etc
Craft #2: Box City Scape
Boxes of different sizes
Markers, Crayons, Decor
1. Tape boxes together.
2. Decorate to look like buildings and build your own city with the boxes! The kids will love this!
What are some creations you have made from cardboard boxes?