Holiday baking is an essential part of December! Baking cookies, using peppermint, decorating cupcakes, oh my! Luckily we don’t have to break the bank to make yummy treats when there are printable coupons available.
Do you want to impress your friends with your baking skills? Bake a dessert that will be the highlight of every meal with M&M’s® chocolate candies! Print out your coupon, buy some M&M’s® at Walmart, and pre-heat the oven, because whether you have an office or class party, or just want to treat your family, it’s time to get out the oven mitts and start baking! Get new #BakingIdeas at the Bright Ideas website.
One of my favorite class party recipes is for Graham Cracker Santa. I have made these little fellas 4 times at school. The kids LOVE this mock baking activity. They get to spread frosting, dab marshmallows, and push on Plain M&M’s (sometimes I use the M&M’s minis). You can even turn this class party recipe into a graphing activity by handing the kids a handful of candies and having them graph their colors. They won’t mind doing the work if the outcome is a yummy treat, I promise!
Class Party Recipes: Create a Graham Cracker Santa
- Tint white frosting pink. These treats take such a little amount of frosting that one drop of food coloring was too much. In hindsight I wish I had put a drop in a cup and then used a toothpick to dot it in the frosting. Lesson learned!
- Spread the frosting across the entire graham cracker square
- Make some of the frosting be red
- Make a triangular red hat in one of the corners
- Cut 9 mini marshmallows in half
- Stick the marshmallows on to form a beard and the dot of the hat
- Use M&M’s to create a nose and eyes
This year our elf on the shelf is going to be a little more adventurous….I just know it!
He may smell a few words with the Holiday M&M’s. Everything looks a little cuter in red and green, don’t you think?
Will you be baking with chocolate or looking for class party recipes this year? I would love to read all about your favorite baked goods below. Comments are always a great way to connect!