I have a big love of Mason Jars. I would decorate every single room in my house with at least one Mason jar if my husband would let me get away with it. Luckily I am crafty and I will devise a way to decorate with Mason jars during the holidays. I love the pop of red, white, and blue that this craft brings. These painted jars are perfect for any table or mantle.
Create Patriotic Mason Jars
Materials Required to Make Patriotic Mason Jars
- 3 Jars – ANY jar will work! I used two pickle jars and one Ball jar.
- Acrylic Paint in Red, White, and Blue – This is cheap anywhere you go. Be sure to take some printable Craft Store Coupons with you to drop the price even more!
- Patriotic Decorations and/or ribbons
Steps to Create Patriotic Jars
- Fully wash and dry your glass jar. If you are recycling/upcycling be sure to get out any stink your jar may have.
- When the jar is fully dry squirt a generous glob of acrylic paint into the jar.
- Roll the jar around slowly so the paint covers the inside of the jar. If you have some television shows to catch up on now would be the perfect time! I did this craft at dinner time and had the jars on the counter. Every few minutes I would roll them (using cups to prevent it from rolling haphazardly) and eventually the entire inside was coated.
- Using a paintbrush paint the inside rim of the glass jar.
- Decorate using patriotic sprigs or ribbons. The possibilities are endless!
A few fun facts about the Independence Day:
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national animal but was out-voted when John Adams and Thomas Jefferson chose the bald eagle.
- The Fourth of July was not declared a national holiday until 1941.
- The Declaration of Independence was signed by 56 men from 13 colonies.
- This post contains affiliate links.
- 4th Of July Quiz Game Book: Independence Day Super Challenge (Holiday Quiz Books: Facts And Fun For Kids Of All Ages)
- The Statue of Liberty (Patriotic Symbols)
Don’t miss our other Patriotic Crafts for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Veterans Day
What do you think? Easy peasy? Is this a craft you will tackle yourself?
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!