Thanksgiving is a little more than two weeks away. The Thankful Tree is a craft that will not only brighten a table, but it will record aspects of your life today. I took our Candy Corn Tree and removed all the candy from it. A simple tree branch will work perfectly for this craft.
Base of some sort, and weights for your base
Card stock of varying colors (think fall colors). Shapes with texture are very nice for the project.
Steps to create a Thankful Tree:
1) Cut leaves out of paper. I printed a leaf template page and used that for my guideline.
2) Prepare your tree base with a weight.
3) Put your stick in the base
4) Write what you are thankful for on a leaf or two. Add the date (and name, if applicable). Glue those leaves to the tree
5) Every few days choose a new leaf and write what you are thankful for.
6) Let your tree blossom with Thankfullness
7) When are you ready to take down your Thankful tree pull the paper leaves off and save them. It will be fun to remember what you were thankful for in 2010! My 2.5 year old was thankful that she “found her Cookie Montster.” Clearly these are memories to cherish!