This week’s Crafty Tuesday post is perfect for back to school. Construction paper school busses are easy for children of all ages to make. This craft can be used for The Wheels on the Bus song activities as well!
Materials to make a Construction Paper School Bus
- Yellow and black construction paper
- Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
- Template (optional – but recommended)
Make a Construction Paper School Bus
1. Using the template trace the bus onto yellow paper. Cut two small circles as well for the center of the wheels.
2. Trace the wheels and windows onto black paper. Cut a black strip too.
3. Decorate the windows of the bus, if desired.
4. Glue the windows, wheels, and strip on to the bus.
5. Finish decorating. Depending on your child’s level they can write the word SCHOOL on the bus.
Given the opportunity to be creative kids are often amazing. My older daughter drew the driver of the bus with a steering wheel. She also made sure her bus had lots and lots of polka dots!
Related Reading Material for the First Day of School
- Little Critter: First Day of School
- Curious George’s First Day of School
- The Night Before Kindergarten
Be sure to check out more fun craft ideas that we have posted!