Grandparents Day is right around the corner. This year it falls on September 11th (a day that will be on all of our mind’s for completely different reasons). We busted out our foam to make very simple Family Tree Grandparent’s Day cards this year!
Material Needed to Make a Family Tree Grandparents Day Card
- Colorful Foam (paper is fine too)
Make a Family Tree Grandparents Day Card
1. Choose your background color and cut it in to a rectangle. I chose to make our background be 8.5″ by 5.5″ so it would fit easily in to a 6″ x 9″ envelope
2. Cut the tree trunk and green leafy top of the tree. Also cut apples. My older daughter wanted to use hearts for the girls and circles for the boys. My younger daughter put 3 apples on her tree – herself, Grandma, and Grandpa.
3) Have your child write as much as they can on the tree – be it the first letter of their name, their whole name, etc.
4) Embellish with anything else the child wants. Remember, this card really is about them!
5) Write the date on the card. Take a picture and remember to do this next year! This will be a fun tradition and as the child gets older the scope of the family tree can be expanded to include aunts, uncles, and cousins!