Mmm, marshmallows! There are so many things that you can do with a marshmallow that the possibilities are virtually endless. Today we made Marshmallow Lollipops and used red, pink, and white accessories which turned them into a Valentine’s Day Lollipop. Trading the colors makes these suckers perfect for any holiday, or any day of the week!
What You’ll Need:
- Large Marshmallows
- Wilton Candy Melts or Almond Bark/Candy Coating (found in the baking aisle)
- Chocolate works too!
- Lollipop Sticks
- Parchment Paper/Foil
- Small Bowls
- Microwave/stove/crock pot
- Oil based dye (optional)
Make Marshmallow Lollipops!
1) Melt the candy melts/almond bark however you like. I chose the microwave since it was the quickest and easiest method. If you want it to be colored add an oil based dye.
2) Divvy up the sprinkles so the kids have their own.
3) Put marshmallows on lollipop sticks. My girls did this without any help.
4) Dip your marshmallow lollipops into your melted chocolate and cover. After you dip each of your marshmallow suckers to your heart’s desire.
5) Stick your yummy masterpiece in a heavy glass with the chocolate covered marshmallows facing up.
6) Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes.
7) If you want to give these away, wrap in a little bag and tie a bow.
Marshmallow lollipops are a great gift! They are incredibly easy to make and very affordable. It would be absolutely adorable to make a Marshmallow Lollipop Bouquet for a favorite friend or teacher.
While you have the candy melt out, look around your house for other things that would be delicious dipped in chocolate. Maybe….an Oreo?
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!