Today is Wednesday….which means the Crafty Tuesday post is one day late. Did you know that the Dollar Tree didn’t/doesn’t carry cotton balls? They were an essential part of this craft and when they didn’t have any it put me a little behind schedule. We love doing crafts with materials we have around our house and are always looking for ways to turn our recycling in to an artful masterpiece.
What You’ll Need:
Paper Towel/Toilet Paper Roll
White Paper or Cardstock
Cardboard (from a recycled box)
Cup (to make a perfect circle)
Paint or markers
Jelly Beans (optional)
Make a Recycled Bunny:
1) Using a paper towel roll, cut to desired length. Then cover in white paper or card stock.
2) Cut two crafting sticks to make legs for the bunny. Paint white if desired.
3) Poke slits in the white roll to poke the crafting sticks in to form legs.
4) Using the cup, trace a circle on to the cardboard. Draw bunny ears. Cut. Paint/color white. Color pink/red for the ears
5) After the bunny face is dry, use your collage materials to give it eyes, ears, whiskers, and a mouth
6) Glue the head to the roll.
7) Place a few cotton balls at the opposite end. You can put in a few jelly beans if you desire. Your child can pull out the bunny tail and it will poop out jelly beans. While it is not perfect kids still think this is both cute and hilarious (at least mine did).