I use coupons and am frugal so I can splurge in other areas of my life (like vacation…and running). Coupons are a great way to save money on food, household products, school supplies, clothing, shoes, and even undergarments. I am a runner and am able to find great deals on running shoes, but finding the perfect sports bra for a runner has eluded me.
I think I have tried every sports bra in the $20 and $30 range. The $40 price range is almost all tried. I am working on $50, $60, and even more dollar signs for a sports bra. Can you believe they make sports bras that cost that much money? I am in shock too!
Reasons Why New Sports Bras are the Worst
5) Wait…..I have to shop for SPORTS BRAS in addition to my regular bras? That means twice the shopping, twice the trying things on, and twice the redressing.
4) No returns. The “love it or return it” policy for undergarments is sorely missing especially when it comes to sports bras. Athleta is one store that has this policy, but I do not know of any others. Trust me, if I could try a company’s sports bra and fall in love with it…I would buy them all….right away. But I need to be able to return the ones that make me bleed!
3) The color selection is mediocre. Sure, black and white sports bras are totally cool and definitely in right now. But what about fun colored sports bras in larger sizes? My hand is waving frantically!
2) Hours of research to find the perfect sports bra is overwhelming. For the well endowed, you can’t just go to Sports Authority and Target to pick out a sports bra. There is so much to consider including support, bounce, underwire, clasp, and other people’s reviews.
1) Finding all the spots where you chaffed while you are in the warm/hot shower after a long run or intense workout feels like your raw skin is being poked with flaming hot marshmallow skewers.
I wish I could give advice or say “Hey, you HAVE to try THIS one.” But I can’t. I will just keep plugging away using coupons in my every day life so I can buy a few $60 sports bras so I can see if I can get some good support and no chaffing.
But if YOU have a sports bra that you absolutely love OR if you know of a company that has a great return policy, pretty please with a cherry on top leave a comment!
Save money with printable coupons from