This week I have the opporunity to go to my daughter’s kindergarten class to teach an art lesson about Dr. Seuss. March 2nd is Dr. Seuss’s birthday and it is also National Read Across America Day. Dr. Seuss kicked Dick and Jane out of top spot for children’s readers in the 1950′s. We can credit him for giving us fun stories for children. Below is a graphic I created for each of the students in my daughter’s class. I will print 4 per page and they will be able to take them home to discuss what they learned with their families.
We teach kids the appropriate, child friendly facts in school. When we grow up we realize that there is more to the story than we were told in school. Dr. Seuss is a colorful guy with quite a history! All of these facts can be researched online if you want to learn more!
Do you have a favorite Dr. Seuss storybook? Which one is your favorite? I bet if you did a little research you might find that it is more political than you ever imagined!
Search our site
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 23
- Baby Shower Giveaway: Prizes from Evenflo, Thyme Maternity, and Rock-a-Bums
- List and Promote Giveaways at Great Thursday Giveaway Linky: May 16
- Cascadian Farms is Yummy Plus $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Publix Yoplait Greek Yogurt 100 Calories $25 Publix Gift Card Giveaway
- Celebrate Captain No Beard with a $200 Toys R Us or Pay Pal Gift Card Giveaway
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook
Grab Our Button