Having a little girl in your life means you are immersed in a world of pink and purple, princesses, and pretend make-up, right? After reading about the mission of Pigtail Pals I really thought about our world differently. Pigtail Pals is Redefining Girly. Launched in 2009 by Melissa, a mom with a young daughter, Pigtail Pals was created to change the way we think about girly. She was frustrated with the limited color options and messages marketed to our girls. Unable to find what she wanted, Melissa created Pigtail Pals. Our girls do not need to wish upon a star hoping that their Prince Charming will rescue them from the world. Our girls can, and will, grow up to be strong, independent, and educated. Our girls are limitless. Redefining girly means that we expect the same things our of girls as we do boys.
The art and messages on my empowering shirts and products shows girls that they can dream in any color. They can dream to be adventurous, to be a hero. Pigtail Pals tell girls that being smart, daring and adventurous is being girly. Pigtail Pals will show girls how to respect themselves, their community, and their environment. Our girls deserve to know their actions can change the world in a meaningful, lasting way….Pigtail Pals offers empowering products for girls, advocates for girls’ rights, and educates parents on the harms of sexualization and gender stereotypes in early childhood.
The products that Pigtail Pals carries are all so much fun. They have shirts with career aspirations including Fire Fighter, Scientist, Race Car Driver, Astronaut, and more. Backpacks, lunch boxes, writer’s kits, and patches are just some of the items found in the Redefining Girly section. Every little girl deserves to know that she can be whatever she wants to be. Pigtail Pals helps them with just that!
One very lucky winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to use towards any item in the Pigtail Pals store. Hooray for letting a girl in your life know that they can be anything they want to be!
Save 15% off your order at Pigtail Pals when you use code “launch”
Prize: One $25 Gift Certificate to Pigtail Pals. You will receive a paper gift certificate in the mail which you will redeem online.
Number of Winners: 1
Giveaway End Date: November 21st, 2010 at 11:59:59 PM EDT
Eligibility: This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada
Random Selection: One winner will randomly be chosen and will be notified via email. He/she will have 48 hours to respond to that email or another winner will be chosen.
Head to Pigtails Pals and check out their Pigtail Pals Tees or Redefine Girly Gear. Come back and leave a comment with your favorite item.
Additional Entries: (you know you want them!)
(Complete the Mandatory Entry and the Additional Entries for seven total entries and seven total comments. The mandatory entry must be completed before the optional entries count).
- Like Pigtail Pals on Facebook. If you already like Pigtail Pals leave a comment saying you do so.
- Like Coupons Are Great on Facebook. If you already like Coupons are Great leave a comment saying you do so.
- Follow Pigtail Pals on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Please leave your status link. Feel free to use this: #win a $25 gift certificate to @PigtailPals from @CouponsAreGreat #giveaway #contest ends 11/21 US & CAN http://bit.ly/PigtailPals
- Subscribe to Coupons Are Great’s feed -OR- follow us with Google Friend Connect (upper right). If you are already a subscriber leave a comments saying so.
- Enter any other Countdown to Christmas giveaway (including Coupons Are Great) and leave a comment with the giveaway name and your comment number. You may enter as many giveaways as you like, but you may only leave ONE comment.
- Grab our button for your site. Let us know where to find it.
Disclaimer: The product feature in this review was provided to me free of charge by the manufacturer or representing PR firm. Opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. The sponsor of the prize is responsible for prize fulfillment.