Children are able to capture the world through perspective that is much different than adults. Allowing them to take photos is a terrific opportunity. But let’s face it, handing over the family camera makes you cringe just a little. You think about all the money you spent on it and how easily a child can destroy it. Using a camera made for kids, like the Kidizoom camera, helps ensure that our sanity stays safe. It allows our kids the opportunity to become the official family photographer!
This post on making the Kidizoom camera is brought to you by Coyne and Vtech, who provided me a product for review. Opinions and experiences shared here are all my own, and I hope you enjoy them.
About the Kidizoom Camera Connect
- The Kidizoom Camera Connect from VTech equips your child to take and edit digital photos, make movies and play games! Offering 4x digital zoom for 4x the fun, your child will become an instant photographer and movie director with the press of a button.
- Kids can even string a series of pictures together to create fun stop-motion animation videos. Specially designed with your child in mind, this kids’ camera has an easy-to-use viewfinder and a design that’s safe and durable for kids.
- With storage of approximately 800 photos, an expandable memory and the ability to connect to a computer, your child can easily keep all of their creations so they can be treasured by the family forever. Save and send pics on a PC and share with friends!
- This fun camera for kids also connects to VTech’s Learning Lodge. (any special features we should point out, connects to the Learning Lodge for even more downloadable content?)
- Ages 3-8, MSRP: $39.99
My girls absolutely love this camera! They love taking pictures…..and they really love that they can edit the photos on the camera and play games on it as well. Sometimes I will randomly hear a robot talking…and it is the girls using the Kidizoom camera. They get a fit of giggles when they say silly things and replay it in the slooooow motion mode.
The photo quality is much better in daylight and outside than inside. There is no flash on this camera. Instead of one viewfinder (like adult cameras), the Kidizoom has two viewfinders (much like the old, red View Master toy I had as a child. Did you have one too?). This makes it so easy for the kids use!
I will say that the USB cord provided this this camera is annoyingly short. We are talking maybe 12 inches in length. It’s not ideal, but it gets the job done. I didn’t have to worry about the girls whipping each other with it.
Would I buy this camera for my child with the sole purpose of them taking picture perfect photos? Absolutely not. Would I buy this camera for my child to explore and start learning the basics of photography. Absolutely. This camera is a great package since it comes with all those extra features!
Connect with Kidizoom
- VTech website – http://bit.ly/tHKlfD
- VTech Twitter - http://bit.ly/Q7J7vM
- VTech Facebook - http://on.fb.me/iIPfUE
You can pick this Kidizoom camera from Amazon and select retailers in your area. One of our readers is going to be very happy when they win their very own Kidizoom camera. Woohoo! Your child can get creative as they edit photos with wacky effects or play three fun photo and memory games.
Prize: One Kidizoom Camera Connect
Number of Winners: 1
Giveaway End Date: September 25th, 2013 at 11:59 pm
Eligibility: This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S.
Random Selection: One winner will randomly be chosen and will be notified via email. He/she will have 24 hours to respond to that email or another winner will be chosen.
Enter to Win:
We are using Giveaway Tools for this giveaway. Please make sure you read all directions for each entry. If you have any trouble entering please email me and I will help.
Search our site
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook