Peeps are a definite sign of spring. Once you see those yellow little marshmallow bunnies you just know that you are in for a few weeks of spring and Easter decorations. Peeps are definitely one of my favorite candies. As Little Sister (age 6) asked a friend the other day, “Do you like marshmallows? Do you like sugar? Then you will love Peeps!” I wholeheartedly agreed. In addition to the Burlap Bunny Banner that I created this year I also made a Peeps Burlap Garland.
Materials Required to a Peeps Garland
- Burlap. Burlap is $3.99 per yard at JoAnn’s. (Find current printable Craft Store Coupons here to save a little bit of money!)
- Acrylic Paint
- Glue Gun
- Discarded cardboard
- Waxed paper (optional, but a very good idea)
- Peeps Garland Template – Yes! I know you are excited that I did the work AND shared it here with you. Please note, I make zero claims to be perfect…..but I think you will find this free, printable template adequate for copying this project.
How to Make a Burlap Bunny Banner
- Using the template provided, trace the triangle onto the burlap using a Sharpie along the edges.
- Once you have traced the desired amount of triangles (I used 5) then you will cut the Peeps bunny from the center of the triangle template and trace that onto each burlap triangle.
- Once you have the triangles cut and the Peeps bunny traced onto the burlap it is time to start painting. I use an old, stiff paint brush when painting on burlap. This project may take two coats of paint.
- As my daughters told me, this project is not complete until you make the Peep have eyes. The trick to doing eyes is to turn over a paint brush, dab the wooden end into the paint, and then dab that onto your project. You will get a fairly evenly painted circle that way.
- Once everything is dry, glue the jute to the top back of each banner piece.
Tada! Aren’t you so impressed with how frugal and easy this craft is to complete? It is a must for Peeps fans.
Will you make this craft or do you have another Easter/Spring craft that you love? We would love to hear all about it!
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!
Don’t miss the latest and greatest from Coupons Are Great. Sign up for our Weekly Email