With a little bit of burlap and some paint you can create the most adorable Easter/spring crafts. A burlap bunny garland looks adorable on the mantle, on the wall, or with your children holding it and posing for a few photos.
Materials Required to a Burlap Bunny Garland Banner
- Burlap. Burlap is $3.99 per yard at JoAnn’s. (Find current printable Craft Store Coupons here to save a little bit of money!)
- Acrylic Paint
- Pom Poms
- Glue Gun
- Discarded cardboard
- Waxed paper (optional, but a very good idea)
How to Make a Burlap Bunny Banner
- Using the template provided, trace the triangle onto the burlap using a Sharpie along the edges.
- Once you have traced the desired amount of triangles (I used 5) then you will cut the bunny from the center of the triangle template and trace that onto each burlap triangle.
- It’s kind of fun to place the pom pom on there just to see how cute the finished project will be.
- Once you have the triangles cut and the bunny traced onto the burlap it is time to start painting. I use an old, stiff paint brush when painting on burlap. This project may take two coats of paint.
- While the paint is drying attach the pom pom tail using a glue gun. Once everything is dry, glue the jute to the top back of each banner piece.
Tada! Aren’t you so impressed with how frugal and easy this craft is to complete? My girls fell in love with this as soon as they saw it. I can’t wait to get a few pictures of them holding it…once things outside start to bloom a little bit more!
Will you make this craft or do you have another Easter/Spring craft that you love? We would love to hear all about it!
See Also: Peeps Burlap Banner
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!