We are all so busy and there is nothing better than putting dinner together in the crock pot so there is something warm and healthy to come home to at night. Forget the last minute fuss and mess in the kitchen. Start using your slow cooker!
Photo Credit: Fix it and Forget It Blog
How does Pumpkin Black-Bean Turkey Chili sound? This recipe was shared Brett at This Mama Loves Her Bargains and is deliciously perfect for Halloween Night to warm all the trick-or-treaters….or any time in the fall! Prep time should be about 20 minutes and will cook for seven hours and yield about 10-12 servings.
A quintessential fall meal!! Pair with buttermilk biscuits or some cornbread and you are good to go!!
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1½-2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2½ cups chopped cooked turkey (or same amount cooked ground turkey)
- 16-oz. can pumpkin (frozen or pureed steamed is fine as well, they are just a bit more liquidy)
- 14½-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Sauté onions, yellow pepper, and garlic in oil in skillet for 8 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cook 1 minute. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover. Cook on Low 7-8 hours.
Are you in need of a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe? Amazon may be the place for you to shop! Check out this 6 Quart Manual Portable Crock Pot or step things up a little with the 6 Quart Programmable Crock Pot. If slow cooking is your jam, the deluxe 6-1/2 Quart Programmable Touch Screen Slow Cooker looks awesome. And let’s not forget about how popular the Instapot is!
Want more recipes? Check out this slow cooker cookbook with more than 400 recipes!
If you love saving money, and who doesn’t, check out these deals and freebies that will save you even more! Be sure to subscribe to Coupons Are Great so you don’t miss out on great deals, fun freebies, crafts, and more.