Cooking in a slow cooker just makes life easier! Having a few good slow cooker recipes on hand is essential. We have a round up of Crock Pot Recipes that we hope you enjoy over the next week. Remember to pin these recipes to your favorite Crockpot Dinner board on Pinterest so you can easily access it later.
This week’s recipe is Crock Pot Chili by Brett at Mama Loves Her Bargains that is sure to warm you on a chilly night!
Chili is full of protein and a definite comfort food.
Crock Pot Chili Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1lb sweet Italian sausage (if you like more heat, use spicy!)
- 1 15oz can dark red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed (I forgot to get some of these so they aren’t included in the photo above)
- 2 large cans Tomato Sauce (we prefer Hunts brand)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- Chili seasoning to taste
- Hot peppers- to taste (We leave these in LARGE pieces, so that the kids don’t end up accidentally eating one)
- 3 bell peppers and 1 medium red onion, sauteed to soften
Crock Pot Chili Directions:
- Brown the ground meat and the sausage in a pan. Once browned, put meats into crock pot, and return pan to stove.
- Chop the onion and pepper as small or large as you’d like it (I like to mince them) and sautee in oil or butter (or the grease from the meat). Once the veggies are softened, add to crock pot with the meat.
- Pour both cans of the tomato sauce into the crock pot, add chili seasoning to taste, and hot peppers (we add the hot peppers slowly, over time, so we don’t get our chili too hot).
- Cook chili on low for at least 3 hours — stir occasionally, and if you prefer a hotter chili, add more hot peppers or even some red pepper flakes over time.
- Serve with grated cheese, tortilla chips or corn bread/muffins!
- Don’t forget to make a batch of Brett’s Simply Sweet Corn Muffins to go with this chili- they complement one another perfectly!
A big thanks to The Centsible Family for putting together this showcase of slow cooker (crock-pot) recipes that one of the Mavens of Money have tried and tasted. By sharing we hope you will be able to save a little time during the week as we all know saving time is just as valuable as saving money. And you will be able to enjoy a hot meal at the end of your day.
Want more recipes? Check out 1,001 Best Slow-Cooker Recipes: The Only Slow-Cooker Cookbook You’ll Ever Need for more inspiration.
Search our site
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook