St. Patrick’s Day is coming! A few years ago my then four-year-old and I did a cute St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold craft y. It was super easy and she really loved the finished product. In fact, she hung it up in her room!
Materials to Make a St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Craft
- Construction Paper (black, yellow, green)
- Pipe cleaner
- Hole Punch (optional)
- St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold Template: This link is a pdf that looks like the photo below. I know I appreciate having a template so I try to make them when I can!
Create a St. Patrick’s Day Pot of Gold
- Cut a pot shape from black paper
- Cut four hearts from green paper. If you are using the template I provided that heart is what we used. Glue the hearts together to form a four leaf clover. Add a green stem if desired
- Cut yellow circles. Adding some sparkly gold glitter would be adorable (alas, we were all out). Glue to the inside of the black pot.
- Attach pipe cleaners to the pot. It is easiest to punch holes, but you can always lightly pinch the paper and snip with scissors.
If glitter doesn’t scare you, some gold a green glitter would be really cute additions to this craft!
St. Patrick’s Day Reading Materials
- The Story of Saint Patrick’s Day
- Too Many Fairies: A Celtic Tale
- Tales from Old Ireland
- The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day (Reading Railroad)
- Scholastic Reader Level 1: It’s St. Patrick’s Day
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day crafts? Check out our Rainbows and St. Patrick’s Day hats from last year. If you have a little girl who likes fun hair bows then you should definitely read the Shamrock Hair Bow Tutorial!
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house! Be sure to subscribe to Coupons Are Great so you don’t miss out on great deals, fun freebies, crafts, and more.