National Talk Like a Pirate Day is on September 19, today, and what better way to celebrate than with Pirate Art Project for Kids?? One involves rainbow sherbert…and since it still feels like summer here in Atlanta I am down with a craft that involves a frozen goody! Arr me harteys, here are 2 fabulous pirate crafts that Momondealz shared with us.
Make a Pirate Hook:
Butter container, solo cup, any object that can go over your child’s hand (we used old Easter egg dying cups)
1. The adult should cut a hole in the container for the hook to go in.
2. Roll up the tin foil into a long roll.
3. Insert the tin foil into the hole in the container and then shape the top of it into a hook.
Make an Edible Pirate Ship
Ice cream bowls
Ice cream or sherbert
2 Toothpicks and 1 Straw
1. Fill the bowl with ice cream or sherbert.
2. Put one marshmallow on each toothpick.
3. Cut the straw so that it is longer than the toothpicks. Put 2 marshmellows on the straw.
4. Insert the toothpicks and straws into the ice cream or sherbert and you have pirate ship sails!
Reading to and with our children is so important. Add some educational elements to Talk Like a Pirate Day with these books:
These PIRATE JOKES FOR KIDS are sure to make everyone smile at least a little.
Don’t miss the latest and greatest from Coupons Are Great. Sign up for our Daily Email.