As we head into February you can feel love in the air. There are some absolutely amazing Valentine’s Day books for kids that teach many valuable life lessons including sharing, caring, and love. Below you will find a great collection of books that work perfectly for Valentines Day and you will find yourself reading most of them twelve months out of the year.
- My Little Pony Hearts and Hooves: In this Level 1 reader, the Cutie Mark Crusaders are so excited to celebrate Hearts and Hooves day! They go on a mission to find a special Valentine for their teacher, Cheerilee, but soon realize they are in big trouble when their love potion spell misfires!
- The Biggest Valentine Ever: When Mrs. Mousely asks her class to make valentines, Clayton and Desmond decide to make one together and give it to their teacher as a surprise. But things don’t go as planned. First Clayton puts too much glitter on the card. Then Desmond puts on too many hearts. Soon the friends are arguing and they rip the card in half. “I’m going to make my own valentine!” they both say and go home in a huff. But then Desmond and Clayton realize that by working together they can make the biggest, best valentine ever!
- Olivia and the Perfect Valentine: It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and Olivia is determined to make the very best possible valentines for all of her friends and family. Each valentine is made with extra special care and is personalized just for its recipient. What could be sweeter?
- Guess How Much I Love You: “Guess how much I love you,” says Little Nutbrown Hare. Little Nutbrown Hare shows his daddy how much he loves him: as wide as he can reach and as far as he can hop. But Big Nutbrown Hare, who can reach farther and hop higher, loves him back just as much. Well then Little Nutbrown Hare loves him right up to the moon, but that’s just halfway to Big Nutbrown Hare’s love for him.
- Love Splat: It’s Valentine’s Day and Splat has a special valentine for a certain someone in his class. Her name is Kitten, and Splat likes her even more than fish sticks and ice cream. But Kitten doesn’t seem to like him at all. And then there’s Splat’s rival, Spike, who also likes Kitten. Will Splat’s heartfelt valentine win Kitten’s paw in the end?
- Happy Valentine’s Day Little Critter: It’s Valentine’s Day, and Little Critter’s class is celebrating! They’re decorating the classroom with hearts, eating cupcakes, and making Valentine’s Day mailboxes. Little Critter is making an extra special card for an extra special valentine. Who will it be? Pull back the flaps and discover all the fun Valentine’s Day surprises.
- Be My Valentine Charlie Brown: Love is in the air! Celebrate Valentine’s Day with the Peanuts gang, and see if Charlie Brown will finally talk to the little red-headed girl. This beloved story is now available in an exciting format as an 8×8 with stickers.
- Junie B Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine: Valentime’s Day, as June B. calls it—is just around the corner. Junie B. can’t wait to see all the valentimes she’ll get. But she never expected a big, mushy card from a secret admirer! Who is this secret mystery guy, anyway? Junie B. is determined to find out.
- Catching Kisses: So begins this journey of the heart, as readers young and old follow a handful of kisses around the United States. From San Francisco to New Orleans to New York City, the text and stylized artwork celebrate all the ways kisses are shared.
- I Love You Through and Through: A rhyming story of unconditional love and adorable illustrations of a toddler and a teddy bear who declare “I love you through and through!”I love your hair and eyes, Your giggles and cries…
- How do Dinosaurs Say I Love You: Even when little dinosaurs are naughty, it’s important to remind them that no matter what they do, they are always loved. In this book, readers will laugh aloud as parents cope with the typical antics of childhood, but in the end, hugs and kisses show your little one how much you care.
- The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart: It’s Valentine’s Day, one of Geraldine’s favorite times of year! She gets out her very best glitter to make cards for her family and friends at school, trying extra hard to think of ways to showcase all of their special qualities. But when Gerry gets to school and realizes she accidentally took a folder of Daddy’s work papers instead of the cards she worked so hard on – oh no! – she can’t help but be disappointed. Thankfully, her teacher helps her find an extra special way to celebrate the inner sparkle of each of her friends.
- Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse: Join Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie as he celebrates Valentine’s Day with all the friends he loves.
- Tulip Loves Rex: Tulip Loves Rex is a sweet story about Tulip, who loves to dance, and her new friend Rex, a fluffy dog who also loves to dance.
- I Love You More: I Love You More is perfect for the youngest readers who need to know that they are loved more than anything else in the world!
- Amelia Bedelia’s First Valentine: Amelia Bedelia is sure she will love everything about Valentine’s Day:
- The Shape of My Heart: From sun up to sun down, from our hands and our feet, to animals, cars, food, and teddy bears, the world is alive with endless shapes to identify. Once you start to look, who knows what shapes you’ll discover next!
- The Perfect Hug: There are hugs for wrigglers, and hugs for gigglers. Hugs that are tickly, and hugs that are prickly…But what kind of hug is absolutely PERFECT? T
- Love Monster: Love Monster is a slightly hairy monster trying to fit in with the cuddly residents of Cutesville. But as it turns out, it’s hard to fit in with the cute and the fluffy when you’re a googly-eyed monster. And so, Love Monster sets out to find someone who will love him just the way he is
- Penguin in Love: When Penguin finds a lost mitten on the ice one day, he wonders who it belongs to—after all, every mitten has a mate!
- What is Love, Biscuit: Biscuit is a lucky little puppy. He loves his bones, his bed, and his best friend.
- Pete the Cat – Valentine’s Day is Cool: Pete the Cat thinks Valentine’s Day isn’t cool . . . until he realizes how many special cats there are in his life! Pete works hard to make valentines for everyone, and it turns out to be the grooviest Valentine’s Day ever.
- Happy Valentine’s Day Curious George: George and his friends celebrate Valentine’s Day with decorating, baking, card making and some unexpected hilarity along the way! Just how much mischief can a curious little monkey get into when balloons, frosting, and glitter are involved?
- Pinkalicious Pink of Hearts: Pinkalicious loves Valentine’s Day! Everyone in her class is assigned to make an extra-special Valentine’s Day card for one person in the class. Pinkalicious creates a magnificently pinkerrific card. Will the valentine that she gets in return measure up?
- Fancy Nancy Heart to Heart: Mystery is in the air when Nancy receives a valentine from a secret someone. Join Nancy as she follows the clues to find out who it is—all in her trademark fabulous style, of course
- Doc McStuffins My Huggy Valentine: Valentine’s Day is Lambie’s favorite holiday! She has worked hard decorating the clinic and planning activities for the party, and she can’t wait to share it with Doc. But when Doc gets Val, a stuffed heart toy, as a Valentine’s Day gift, Lambie is afraid that she has been replaced in Doc’s heart.
- Valentine’s Are For Saying I Love You: Candy hearts, flowers, boxes of chocolate, sure! But most of all, Valentine?s Day is to say ?I LOVE YOU,? loud and clear. In this sweet tale, a little girl makes a special valentine for everyone
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Minnie’s Valentine: Love is in the air at the Clubhouse, but Mickey has no idea what to get Minnie for Valentine’s Day. Minnie goes undercover, using a disguise to teach Mickey how to make a heartfelt Valentine’s Day gift.
- The Berenstain Bears’ Valentine Party: It is Valentine’s Day at the Bear Country School, and Teacher Jane’s class is having a party! Join Sister Bear and her friends as they share lots of special messages. Who will get the most valentines?
- Calendar Mysteries #2 – February Mystery: Bradley is passing out his class’s valentines, but one of them has no name on it. Inside, the card tells the class to look in the closet.
Enjoy the weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day! They are truly a magical way to let the children in your life know how much you love them and how special they are to you!
Do you have a favorite Valentine’s Day book? If so, please share in the comments!
See our Printable Valentine’s Day cards to use this year too!
- 5 Tips to Teach Your Child To Read
- Valentine’s Day Jokes for Kids
- 10+ Valentine’s Day Sweet Treats Recipes
- Free Printable Heart Shaped Valentine’s Day Word Search for Kids
If you love saving money, and who doesn’t, check out these deals and freebies that will save you even more! Be sure to subscribe to Coupons Are Great so you don’t miss out on great deals, fun freebies, crafts, and more.