Easter is such a fun time with the introduction of spring. Pastel colors used to be the sign up Easter, but lately bright colors have made their way into the Easter color palette A fun Easter craft is a great way way to get your creative juices flowing!
Materials Required to Make a Hippity Hoppity Burlap Sign Easter Craft
- Burlap the size of your frame. Burlap is $3.99 per yard at JoAnn’s. (Find current printable Craft Store Coupons here)
- Picture frame (the one I used is from IKEA)
- Acrylic Paint
- Card stock
- Discarded cardboard
- Garbage bag or waxed paper
- Fine Glitter (optional, but everything’s better with glitter. True story!)
How to Make a Hippity Hoppity Burlap Sign Easter Craft
- Determine how wide your burlap needs to be. This will most likely be the dimension of your photo frame.
- To create an even line when cutting burlap pull a string out of the burlap in the area that you want to cut your line. The burlap will bunch as you pull it. Pull this string completely out of the piece of burlap. In the end you will see a line that you can cut.
- Using card stock and your computer print the saying that you want (HIPPITY HOPPITY). Play with the fonts until you get the look you desire. The font size I used was around 400. There were 2 letters per page.
- Using acrylic paint trace the outline of the the letters. Fill the letters in with paint after they are traced.
- Add glitter to the wet paint if you want some sparkle. Everything is better with glitter!
You are done! Isn’t this such a cute, easy, and fun craft?
Related Hippity Hoppity Materials
- Hippity, Hoppity, Splash! (Bath Book)
- Hippity Hoppity by Fisher-Price
- Ty Beanie Babies – Hippity (Green) the Rabbit
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!