Patriotic foods are simple to make. You can do so much with red, white, and blue. We made a patriotic fruit pizza several summers ago and it was a huge hit. Our new summer edible craft is patriotic ice cream cones that have beens super fun. This is a great cooking project with kids. Red, white, and blue cones just need a scoop of your favorite ice cream. These tasty treats can be made ahead of your party time.
Simple, fun and easy to make….kids will have a great time decorating these red white and blue cones!
- Ice cream sugar cones
- Ice cream cake cones
- Vanilla almond bark (or white candy melts)
- Sprinkles and colored sugar crystals
1. Melt 1/4 cup of vanilla almond bark in the microwave for 90 seconds and stir.
2. Spoon the melted vanilla around the top of each ice cream cone and immediately cover with sprinkles.
3. NOTE: the almond bark cools rather quickly so you may have to reheat the vanilla if you have a lot of cones to decorate, otherwise the sprinkles will not stick to the cone.
4. Let set for 20 minutes.
These are a great edible treat when paired with homemade or store bough ice cream. They are cute enough to left eat solo too!
Add these red, white, and blue string stars to your patriotic party decor. Put them each on their own piece of wood to make three pieces that can be moved around, stacked, and more!
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!