It is the end of April and there are some of us who are still working on our New Year’s Resolutions to lose weight. When it comes to losing weight I know that my love of carbs and sugar are what halts my weight loss progress. I recently finished two weeks of Dr. Sears’ Zone 1-2-3 and I am very excited to share this program with you……as well as giveaway 2 weeks worth of Zone Diet food!
The science behind the Zone diet indicates that to achieve complete nutrition through healthy weight loss you must supply your body with the essential nutrients it cannot make on a daily basis. The main three components that we need to lose weight in a healthy manner are essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, and essential polyphenols. The Dr. Sears Zone team has put together a unique food replacement program that leaves you feeling full and not deprived. Using Dr. Sear patented “molecular baking” he makes foods that are commonly high in unfavorable carbohydrates healthy for consumption. With this diet in place, you can continue to enjoy the “forbidden foods“ like bread, pasta, pizza, and even brownies without the resulting silent inflammation. The foods in this program are packed with protein!
When my shipment came and I read the Recipe Book on the first day I laughed at the following FAQ: “I find that I am never hungry and have begun to skip meals. Will that affect my weight loss?” Right then and there I was beyond skeptical that a diet could leave you feeling full. Then on Day 5 I fully understood the question! Five days in to my diet and I was feeling full and wanting to skip meals.
What I loved about Dr. Sears Zone Diet
- Cinnamon Toast Bagel Chips
- Plain Bagel Chips (with a little bit of guacamole)
- Original Granola
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread Slices
- Simple recipes
- The facts I learned and how many veggies I incorporated in to my diet
What I did not love about Dr. Sears Zone Diet
- The cookies…..I really never could get over the fact that they were shiny.
While on the ZoneFast Diet I lost 3.1 lbs in the first week and 1.0 pounds in the second. I was so excited after the first week, but I started cheating waaaay more than I should have during the second week. In retrospect I wish I had followed the diet exactly as planned. I wasn’t a fan of the cookies, yet I crave sweets every afternoon. During the second week I had a little bite of this and a little bite of that and it truly showed on the scale. If I had the Cinnamon Toast Bagel Chips as an afternoon snack every day I would not have cheated.
Would I pay for the Zone Diet foods? Yes. Initially I was very skeptical of trying new foods as I don’t like going out of my comfort zone. I easily substituted the Zone 1-2-3 Foods in to my diet and truly liked them. I was dieting for two weeks without feeling like I was dieting. During my normal afternoon snack time I was full and had to remind myself to eat a snack.
This Mother’s Day one very lucky Coupons are Great winner will win 2 weeks of Zone Foods (valued at $179). I recommend entering to win for yourself and not having a box of diet food surprising an unexpecting mom! 😉
Prize: 2 weeks of Zone Foods – the Zone Fast Plan (a $179 value)
Number of Winners: 1
Giveaway End Date: May 7th, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM EDT
Eligibility: This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S.
Random Selection: One winner will randomly be chosen by the WordPress plugin “and the winner is…” and will be notified via email. He/She will have 48 hours to respond to that email or another winner will be chosen.
Leave a comment answering this question: Which Zone Food would you like to try first?
Additional Entries: (just in case you want them)
(Complete the Mandatory Entry and the Additional Entries for eight total entries and eight total comments. The mandatory entry must be completed before the optional entries count).
- Like Coupons Are Great on Facebook. If you already like Coupons are Great leave a comment saying you do so.
- Like The Zone Diet on Facebook. If you already like them, please leave a comment saying so.
- Follow Coupons Are Great on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You must include @CouponsAreGreat in your tweet. Leave your tweet link in your comment. Please feel free to use this: I want to #win 2 weeks of Zone Food @thezonediet @CouponsAreGreat #giveaway #contest ends 05/06/11 http://couponsaregreat.net/?p=9236
- Subscribe to Coupons Are Great’s feed -OR- follow us with Google Friend Connect (upper right). If you are already a subscriber leave a comments saying so.
- Enter any additional giveaway here at Coupons are Great and leave a comment with the giveaway you entered. You may enter as many giveaways as you would like, but please only leave one additional entry on this post.
- Grab our button and let us know where to find it.
- Write a positive Alexa review of Coupons are Great.
Disclaimer: I received a free product sample for the purpose of the review in this post. Opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by monetary compensation. The sponsor of this giveaway is responsible for prize fulfillment.