Quick! Grab that pool noodle from the garage or closet and make a festive pool noodle pumpkin craft this fall. This craft project is fun to do as an adult and it is one that children enjoy as well. With younger kids you can assemble the “pumpkin” and they can decorate it with paper, stickers, or glue.
Materials Needed to Make a Pool Noodle Pumpkin Craft
- Pool Noodle – cheap is good! Use the one you have in the garage if you don’t feel like purchasing a new pool noodle.
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Scrapbooking paper, card stock, or construction paper
- Measure the pool noodle to the desired length. Mark on the front and the back so you get a straight line for the cut. ** See the Pool Noodle Firecracker post for additional photos of this step **
- Draw a line around the pool noodle. I used a sewing measuring tape to do this, but you can also use your card stock too!
- Cut the pool noodle on the cutting board with a knife. Hopefully you have a straight piece still. If not, it will only truly bug you if you are a perfectionist.
- Cut the paper to the wrap around the pool noodle.
- Trace the pool noodle end onto a scrap of paper and cut out the circular shape.
- Tape (or glue) the paper and the circle to the pool noodle. No one is going to see the back of my craft so I opted for tape.
- To create a stem, wrap a scrap of brown paper around a pencil to create a circular shape. Glue at the the desired circumference and glue to the top of the pumpkin.
- Using green scrap paper, cut thin strips and wrap around a pencil to create vines. Cut leaves if desired. Adhere to the top of the pumpkin.
Add literature to this Halloween craft. I recommend the following books. It should be noted that we are HUGE Curious George and Bearenstain Bear fans.
- The Curious Little Witch
- The Berenstain Bears and the Haunted House
- Curious George Goes to a Costume Party
Search our site
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook