If you want to make your daughter really, really excited all you need to do is plan a tea party and let her invite a few of her friends over. My girls are absolutely giddy for our tea party tomorrow. They have ideas of food items they want to serve (mainly mini cupcakes and Sierra Mist). Admittedly, throwing a simple tea party is hard for me to do because I like to go above and beyond on parties. I have posted about most of my girls birthday parties: Care Bears, Dumbo, Penguin, Sesame Street, and Minnie Mouse Birthday Party. But we are moving and my craft supplies are packed which limits how over the top I will go for this small get together. To add some color to our soiree I made Tea Party Placemats. This post contains affiliate links.
Create Tea Party Placemats
Materials Required to Make Tea Party Place Mats
- 2 colors/designs of 12″ x 12″ scrapbook paper or regular construction paper
- Scissors (or a paper cutter)
- Contact Paper (optional) – I buy mine at the Dollar Tree.
Steps to Create Tea Party Place Mats
- Cut the 12×12 paper into rectangles. My dimensions were 12″ x 9″ for the bottom rectangle and 10″ x 7″ for the top rectangle
- Glue the two rectangles together centering the smaller rectangle on the larger rectangle.
- Optional – Use Contact Paper to seal these place mats and to create a water proof barrier.
With the extra paper you can create more items for your tea party! We wrapped a can with a strip of paper to put extra silverware in.
Big Sister also wrapped the silverware in a napkin and taped a decorative piece of paper around to hold everything in place.
If you are looking for a play tea set here is one on Amazon that is rated 4 out of 5 stars. You can also check your local thrift stores to see what they carry!
Tea Party Literature:
- The Perfect Tea Party (Disney Junior: Sofia the First) (Little Golden Book)
- Fancy Nancy: Tea for Two
- Miss Spider’s Tea Party
What do you think? Easy peasy? Is this a craft you will tackle yourself?
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!