When you think of the word “school” chances are you think of a red school building and a bright yellow bus. Whether you are making a back to school snack for the school day or after school I have a really fun idea for you. Surprise your kiddo with a sweet treat when you make a Candy Bar Bus. It’s so easy to make…and it looks cute too. My girls helped me make these and they delivered one to their teacher and ate the other after they ate the healthy part of their lunch (well, that was the deal we struck, but I wasn’t there to make sure they really did actually eat their healthy food). This post contains affiliate links.
Materials Required to make a School Bus Snack
- Yellow Paper/Card stock
- Paper Trimmer or scissors
- Small Candy Bar (we used Hershey’s that came in an 8 pack for $1.00). These would be great Bus Driver appreciation gifts – and you could use a full sized candy bar.
- Hole Punch (optional)
- Glue (optional)
How to Create a Back to School Snack: Candy Bar Bus
- Trim your paper so it fits around the candy bar. I cut 3.25″ squares of paper that worked perfectly. It seems like you would need a rectangle, but a square worked so we went with
- Tape the paper around the candy bar.
- Using black paper cut small circles. I cheated and I use something similar to this Circle Cutterto make perfect circles. Use a hole punch and punch out a tiny yellow dot to glue to the middle of the black circle.
- Adhere the black circle wheel to the bus.
- Using a sharpie draw windows (and words if you’d like)
What do you think? Will this make it’s way into your Back to School Snacks or Back to School Crafts rotation?
Don’t miss the latest and greatest from Coupons Are Great. Sign up for our Weekly Email.