In the days before Christmas when kids are at home and antsy for December 25th to roll around one way to keep them entertained is with Christmas crafts. This popsicle stick reindeer craft is easy to make. Add a magnet to the back and you have a decoration for your fridge OR put a hook on it and use it as an ornament. Really, the possibilities are endless.
Materials Required to Make a Popsicle Stick Reindeer Craft
- Popsicle Sticks
- Brown Paper
- Brown crayon or marker
- Brown (or black) pipe cleaner/chenille stems
- Red or brown Pom Poms
- Googley Eyes
- Glue (must dry overnight) or hot glue (* Note * Hot Glue makes this project much faster but requires adult supervision for almost the entire crafting time)
How to Make a Popsicle Stick Reindeer Craft
- Glue three popsicle sticks into the shape of a triangle. All the glue to dry completely.
- Color the popsicle stick triangle brown.
- Cut a brown piece of paper to fit the same shape as your popsicle stick triangle. Glue the paper to the popsicle stick.
- Using pipe cleaners, create antlers and glue to the back of the project.
- Using glue, adhere the nose (red for Rudolph or brown for an average deer) and the google eyes.
- Add a magnet to the back and you have a decoration for your fridge OR put a hook on it and use it as an ornament.
These are just guidelines…of course. Little Sister made her reindeer completely different and didn’t use brown paper at all. Hers turned out extremely cute and of course I cannot find it right now. The thing I have learned about crafting with kids is that they will always do things differently than I had envisioned. I have stopped making them do things my way and let them be as creative as they want. It’s just easier on all of us that way!
Looking for other fun Christmas crafts? Check out:
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!