If you want to make a super easy, very quick Fourth of July craft then the Pool Noodle Fire Cracker is for you. These adorable fire crackers can stand on their own and are easy enough for kids to make too.
Materials Needed to Make a Pool Noodle Fire Cracker
- Pool Noodle – cheap is good! Use the one you have in the garage if you don’t feel like purchasing a new pool noodle.
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Card stock or construction paper
- Decorations/4th of July Picks
Make a Pool Noodle Fire Cracker
- Measure the pool noodle to the length you want it to be. Mark on the front and the back. My card stock was 12×12 so I wanted 6″ fire crackers. I measured my pool noodle at 5 and 7/8 inches.
- Draw a line around the pool noodle. I used a sewing measuring tape to do this, but you can also use your card stock too!
- Cut the pool noodle on the line the you just drew on the cutting board with a knife.
- Cut your paper to the length of the pool noodle. I found it was easier to cut the paper 1/8″ longer
- Trace the pool noodle circle on a scrap of paper and cut. Poke a hole in the center if you are going to embellish with pipe cleaners or garland.
- Glue the circle on to the pool noodle
- Tape the paper to the pool noodle. You could glue as well. No one is going to see the back of my craft so I opted for tape.
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!
This post contains affiliate links. Coupons Are Great is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that allows associates to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to their website.
Search our site
Like Coupons are Great! on Facebook