Don’t you love when you have an idea that turns out just as fabulous as you had planned? This Burlap Shamrock Table Runner is just that! I envisioned this in my head and I did a happy dance when I saw how it turned out. This table runner is perfect to use for St. Patrick’s day and can be adapted to fit any holiday or occasion.
Materials Required to a Burlap Shamrock Table Runner
- Burlap the length of your table …or a tad bit longer. Burlap is $3.99 per yard at JoAnn’s. (Find current printable Craft Store Coupons here)
- Acrylic Paint
- Discarded cardboard
- Fine Glitter (optional, but everything’s better with glitter. True story!)
- Waxed paper (optional, but a very good idea)
How to Make a Burlap Shamrock Table Runner
- Determine how wide you want your table runner to be. To create an even line, pull a string out of the burlap in the area that you want to cut your line. The burlap will bunch as you pull it. In the end you will have a line that you can cut.
- Using the cardboard make a heart template.
- Determine where you want your shamrocks to go. Place a piece of cardboard with waxed paper under the spot where you will be painting
- Using acrylic paint trace the outline of the heart. Then fill the heart in with green paint. Three hearts makes a shamrock, or four hearts make a good-leaf clover as my girls call them.
- Add glitter to the wet paint if you want some sparkle. Everything is better with glitter! I only glittered the four leaf clover that was in the middle since it is special.
You are done! Isn’t this such a cute, easy, and fun craft?
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!