Don’t you love when you have an idea that turns out just as fabulous as you had planned? This Burlap Shamrock Table Runner is just that! I envisioned this in my head and I did a happy dance when I saw how it turned out. This table runner is perfect to use for St. Patrick’s day and can be adapted to fit any holiday or occasion.
Materials Required to a Burlap Shamrock Table Runner
- Burlap the length of your table …or a tad bit longer. Burlap is $3.99 per yard at JoAnn’s. (Find current printable Craft Store Coupons here)
- Acrylic Paint
- Discarded cardboard
- Fine Glitter (optional, but everything’s better with glitter. True story!)
- Waxed paper (optional, but a very good idea)
How to Make a Burlap Shamrock Table Runner
- Determine how wide you want your table runner to be. To create an even line, pull a string out of the burlap in the area that you want to cut your line. The burlap will bunch as you pull it. In the end you will have a line that you can cut.
- Using the cardboard make a heart template.
- Determine where you want your shamrocks to go. Place a piece of cardboard with waxed paper under the spot where you will be painting
- Using acrylic paint trace the outline of the heart. Then fill the heart in with green paint. Three hearts makes a shamrock, or four hearts make a good-leaf clover as my girls call them.
- Add glitter to the wet paint if you want some sparkle. Everything is better with glitter! I only glittered the four leaf clover that was in the middle since it is special.
You are done! Isn’t this such a cute, easy, and fun craft?
If you are looking for St. Patrick’s Day Craft check out this Pot of Gold, these Rainbow Hats, and these Rainbow Window Clings. Don’t miss these St. Patrick’s Day Jokes for Kids!
We love crafting! Be sure to check out our Craft Posts for more ways to create fun, frugal crafts and projects at your house!
Leave a Reply