The 4th of July is one of my favorite patriotic holidays. Seeing red, white, and blue in the forms of stars and stripes makes us remember that we are celebrating our country. Patriotic crafts for kids are a great project to do at your house. When you create crafts with your kids you are making memories that will last forever and projects that can be preserved for many years to come.
To create Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks all you need is items you may already have in your house. An empty toilet paper roll, some paint, scissors, and possibly some glitter will make a great firework craft.
To get started draw a line around the circumference of the toilet paper roll. This line serves as the stopping point for your child to cut to (if old enough). Fold the strip edged out.
Pour paint onto a paper plate or into bowl. Dip the strips into the paint and press down onto the paper. We decided that we liked long skinny strips, but whatever your child does will be perfect! Add some optional glitter for a glimmer of sparkle – just like you see when fireworks light the night sky.
This craft is great for preschoolers through elementary age.
Thanks for the inspiration Mom on Dealz.
- The Fourth of July Story
- The Story of America’s Birthday
- Social Studies/History: Revisit the true meaning and history behind the 4th of July. Discuss with your child what they think the word independence means.
If you are looking for more Patriotic Crafts check out the following craft ideas we have posted:
- Patriotic Eagle Craft: Perfect Educational Activity for the Presidential Election
- Independence Day Craft Idea for Kids: Spectacular Fireworks
- 4th of July Fruit Pizza Recipe for Kids
- Pool Noodle Fire Cracker